Last update: 2016-12-22 "New screenshots added + newsletter in the shop"
KRAUT BUSTER is a comical action Run'n'Gun shooting game made for the 16 bit system NEO·GEO.
Europe, Krautland 1936
You are part of the glorious albeit infamous Kraut Buster corps.
Your goal is to defeat the evil dictator Dolph Edelwolf and rescue all chicks!
Play as either John "Küken" Mallone or Jack "Handsome" Rowdy.
Game Features (exact details are subject to change):
- Mask feature: Wear different masks to change your characters abilities, your weapons, change your surroundings and enemy behaviors.
- 5-6 end bosses and several sub bosses
- 2 player simultaneous mode CO-OP: players can interact with each other.
- 8-way: Allows to shoot in 8 directions
- Swaying: Some weapons allow 16-direction by swaying with the joystick
- Switch weapons: quick tap 'D' to switch between weapon I and II
- Grenade hold: Hold joystick in direction to throw grenades more far
- Ledge drop: Use the terrain and obstacles to your advantage
- Position lock: Hold your position while aiming
- Chain based scoring system to provide a long term challenge
- multiple heights/ways platforming for more ways to play the game
- 3 "routes" / difficulties
- Arcade perfect playtime of approx. 35 minutes per run (normal route)
- Beautiful handcrafted 16-bit pixel art
- large panoramic backgrounds with up to 9000px lenght with a lot of parallax elements
- big fully animated bosses
- tons of animation, little details and pixel love
Hardware Specs (MVS/AES cartridges):
Will use approximately 784 Megabits (exact megcount is TBD)
Full digitized stereo soundtrack
In-system software updates via USB port (MVS)
Custom made PCBs
Custom made cartridge shell
Improved UNI BIOS/CMVS support: bootup logo and config menu is supported / insert credit via select button
Coming 2017 for NEO·GEO MVS & AES
Pre-order now at www.ngdevdirect.com
Official game page: www.kraut-buster.com
(C) by NG:DEV.TEAM www.ngdevteam.com
NEO·GEO™ is a registered trademark of SNK PLAYMORE Corporation.
Our NEO·GEO™ software is not officialy licensed, designed, manufactured, distributed or endorsed by SNK/Playmore corp. of Japan.
All other used brand names and trademarks mentioned are trademarks of their respective owners.